Measures under axis 4 Leader
Measure 4.1 Implementation of local development strategies
The purpose of this measure is implementing the “bottom-up” approach and promoting the “learning through doing” among local communities, increasing their capacity for planning and diversifying the economic activities in the rural areas.
Measure 4.1 is implemented throughout the entire programme period (2007 – 2013) and starts in December 2008.
Measure 431 Management of LAG, acquiring skills and achieving the public activity of the respective territory
Sub-measure 1 – Expenses for management and acquisition of new skills / for approved LAG/
Measure 431 (1) Management of LAG, acquiring skills and achieving the public activity of the respective territory of selected and approved Local
Action Groups” is implemented throughout the entire programme period, parallel with measure 41.
- for management of Local Action Group /maximum 60%/: salaries, expenses for experts, office rent, office equipment and consumables for organization of meetings of LAG, communication expenses etc./
- for acquisition of the skills and achieving public activity /minimum 40%/: research of the territory, training of the team, promoting events, activities for ensuring information about the territory.
- Aid size - 100 %
Sub-measure 2 - Expenses for management and acquisition of skills /for potential LAGs
Measure 431(2) “Acquiring skills and achieving public activity on the territory of potential local action groups” is implemented in the period 2008 – 2009. Invitations for collection of offers will be published three times a year to the end of 2009.
- researches in the rural areas;
- training, acquisition of skills, technical and financial securitization;
- training of local leaders;
- work groups and information events;
- seminars, events and others for informing the population;
- development and issue of information materials;
- preparation of application documents.
- Aid size - 100 %. Minimal amount per project – 10 000 euro. Maximal amount per project – 100 000 euro.
Measure 421 „Inter-Territory and Trans-National Cooperation", will start at the end of 2009
Financial aid is received for:
- Inter-territory cooperation – implemented between two or more territories of the rural area of the country, covered by LAG as per LEADER approach. For inter-territory projects with more than one LAG signed will be a three-way agreement between each LAG, the Managing Authority and the Payments Agency.
- Trans-national cooperation – cooperation between rural areas, covered by LAG in Bulgaria and other member-states of EU as well as rural areas, covered by LAG (as per Leader Approach) in Bulgaria and other similar structures in third countries (not member-states of EU).
- Cooperation projects under Measure “Inter-territory and trans-national cooperation” will be selected and approved by the Management Authority which will publish two invitations a year for collecting cooperation projects offers from 2010 to the end of 2013.
- Steps for approval of trans-national projects:
- The managing authority will send to the European Commission a list of approved on a national level cooperation projects prior to concluding a contract.
- The European Commission informs the Managing Authority for the approval or refusal of the partners from foreign counties under the cooperation project.
- After receiving a confirmation signed is the three-way contract between each Bulgaria LAG, the Managing Authority and the Payments Agency.